Head of Data
About the Role
We are seeking a strategic Head of Data to lead our efforts in leveraging data and AI to revolutionize our mobile mileage tracking product. As the Head of Data, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our product, ensuring that it remains at the forefront of innovation while delivering an unparalleled user experience. This role reports to our CTO/CEO, and has a salary range of $185,000 - $230,000 plus stock options.
What you will do
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their data needs and translate them into actionable insights.
- Develop and implement data-driven strategies to improve business performance.
- Communicate data-driven insights to senior management to inform strategic decision-making.
- Lead and grow internal team within engineering, overseeing design and implementation of scalable and efficient data infrastructure.
- Build dashboards and reports to track key performance indicators (KPIs) and measure the success of data-driven initiatives.
The ideal candidate
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, or related field
- 8+ years of experience leading data and AI teams in developing and implementing AI-powered solutions
- Proven track record of success in building and deploying machine learning models that solve real world problems
- Expertise in data analysis, data mining, and machine learning algorithms
- Strong understanding of data security, privacy, and compliance principles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical concepts and data-driven insights to executive leadership and non-technical stakeholders
What you will need
- An innovation mindset, with a demonstrated commitment to staying abreast of emerging trends and technologies in data and AI
- Strong leadership and people management skills, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation
Who you are
You love to learn and are happy to teach. You sweat the details while considering the big picture. You are really, really good at your craft. You enjoy collaborating with others, but you’re also confident in your ability to take control of a project from start to finish. You’re looking to be a valuable contributor on a team with big aspirations. You are excited to help set the course not just within your team but for the entire company.
Who we are
We are a tight-knit team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers and marketers who love building useful products that are delightful and engaging. We know how to balance hard work and time spent with friends and family.
What we’re building
Did you know that 50M+ people in the US drive a personal car for work - and qualify for an average tax deduction of $6,500? But to get it, you have to keep a log of every single drive you take (and keep it for 5 years in case you’re audited!).
At MileIQ, we’re delivering mileage tracking for the modern workforce. We are the category creator and global leader in mileage tracking, with 1M+ active users, 80B+ miles logged, and $10B+ in value.
Why we’re doing it
We started this business a decade ago - then we sold it to Microsoft - and then we bought it back.
Why? Because we still believe in the vision of making mileage tracking a delightful and universal tool for every person who drives for work. Now we’re going all-in on building an even better product, brand, and user experience.
How we work
We work remotely with opportunities to collaborate in person as needed (keeping health and safety top of mind). We always lead with honesty, respect, and transparency. We believe the best decisions are made when multiple perspectives are considered. We act like a startup, but we are mindful that our service is relied upon everyday to capture tens of millions of valuable miles. We love to build, test and learn.
How we define success
Delighting our users with products that are trustworthy, engaging, easy to use, and valuable, while building a profitable business with colleagues we admire and respect. We focus on delivering measurable results and value.
We believe in being user-centered, data-driven, optimistic, iterative, collaborative, inclusive and multi-disciplinary.
We are a great group of people as passionate as you are about making products people love, being fairly rewarded, and having fun doing so.
A little about our compensation
Commensurate with your skills and joining a proven team and established business. Competitive compensation and meaningful equity - the blend to be determined based on your risk appetite. We offer a robust health benefits package, as well as flexible PTO, a 401(k) with employer contributions, and productivity and work-life balance allowances.
MileIQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In compliance with US Federal law, all persons hired by MileIQ Inc. will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Interested? We’d love to meet you.